On behalf of the organizing committee we are pleased to welcome you to the Canadian Conference on Myelodysplastic Syndromes which will include for the first time Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) This meeting follows on the momentum generated by the last several CCMDS meetings. CCMDS will take place on September 20 & 21, 2019 at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.
CCMDS/AML will host international experts in MDS and AML from Europe, the United States and Canada. These leaders will review the newest developments in this rapidly evolving field.
Case presentations will highlight current treatment standards and feature discussions of where the new therapies could be positioned. There will be opportunity for audience participation via keypad polling devices with members of the clinical faculty featured during the panel discussion. We aim to bring a Canadian perspective to the management of MDS & AML patients. These meetings have clear implications for the delivery of care to patients with MDS and AML in Canada and fosters opportunities for collaboration and research.
The planning committee is looking forward to your input as to ways in which we can work together to optimize the care of our patients.
We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver for CCMDS/AML!
On behalf of the Planning Committee,
Dr. Wendy Lam, CCMDS/AML Co Chair, Burnaby, BC
Dr. Heather Leitch, CCMDS/AML Co Chair, Vancouver, BC
Dr. David Sanford, CCMDS/AML Co Chair, Vancouver, BC
|Rena Buckstein, Toronto, Ontario
Michelle Geddes, Calgary, Alberta
Aly Karsan, Vancouver, British Columbia
|Brian Leber, Hamilton, Ontario
Harold Olney, Montréal, Quebec
April Shamy, Montréal, Quebec
Call for Abstracts
Carolyne Delage Young Investigators Research Award
The CCMDS AML Carolyne Delage Young Investigators Research Award aims to provide educational and research support to trainees interested in the area of myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemia. Trainees at any level, confirmed by letter of training from their program director, are eligible to submit an abstract of their work. Abstracts presented at previous meetings, but not in full publication, are allowed for submission.
Submissions deadline: August 9, 2019
This meeting has been designed to meet the educational needs of hematologists, internists, researchers, general practitioners in oncology, practitioners in laboratory medicine, residents, fellows, nurses, pharmacists and other health care providers involved in the management of patients with MDS & AML.
Accreditation: This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This activity was approved by the Canadian Association of Medical Oncologists for a maximum of 14.50 hours.
From ICUS to AML; the Spectrum of Myeloid Marrow Failure Disorders
At the completion of the meeting, attendees should be able to (MDS):
- Review current understanding of the role of molecular mutations in MDS biology and prognosis
- Review the role of inflammation in MDS pathogenesis and progression
- Review MDS overlap syndromes
- Update treatment strategies in MDS including novel agents
- Gain insight into mechanisms of treatment resistance
- Review the role of intensive therapies and stem cell transplantation in MDS
- Review pre-MDS conditions including CHIP, CCUS, and ICUS
- Review mechanisms of atherosclerosis in the context of cardiac morbidity in MDS
- Review current understanding of the role of iron overload in MDS
- Discuss a Canadian perspective on MDS landscape & treatment
At the completion of the meeting, attendees should be able to (AML):
- Review the biology of AML
- Review novel treatments for AML
- Review the role of leukemic stem cells in AML pathogenesis and progression
- Review cellular therapy for AML
- Review the role of intensive therapies and stem cell transplantation in elderly/t/s-AML, including conditioning regimens and patient selection for these therapies.
- Discuss a Canadian perspective on AML landscape and treatment
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
900 W Georgia St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
CCMDS/AML is pleased to have negotiated a discounted room rate of $299/night for our delegates.
BOOK YOUR ROOM WHILE ROOMS AVAILABLE. PLEASE NOTE THE HOTEL WILL SELL OUT!BOOK YOU ACCOMMODATIONS ONLINE
If you prefer to book your room by phone please call 1-800-441-1414 and please identify yourself as a CCMDS/AML delegate.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Reflecting the expectations of a world-class city, the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is proud to offer professional meeting facilities supported by a comprehensive array of state-of-the-art services.VISIT THE HOTEL WEBSITE