On behalf of the organizing committee we are pleased to welcome you to the Canadian Conference on Myelodysplastic Syndromes (CCMDS) and Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). We are happy to announce that for the first year, the CCMDS/AML Conference will include the Canadian Leukemia Study Group (CLSG). This meeting follows on the momentum generated by the last several CCMDS/AML meetings. CCMDS/AML will take place on September 20-22, 2024 at the Fairmont Palliser Hotel, Calgary, Alberta.
CCMDS/AML will host international experts in MDS and AML from Europe, the United States and Canada. These leaders will review the newest developments in this rapidly evolving field.
Case presentations will highlight current treatment standards and feature discussions of where the new therapies could be positioned. There will be opportunity for audience participation via keypad polling devices with members of the clinical faculty featured during the panel discussion. We aim to bring a Canadian perspective to the management of MDS & AML patients. These meetings have clear implications for the delivery of care to patients with MDS and AML in Canada and fosters opportunities for collaboration and research.
The planning committee is looking forward to your input as to ways in which we can work together to optimize the care of our patients.
We look forward to seeing you in Calgary for CCMDS/AML!
Dr. Michelle Geddes, CCMDS/AML 2024 Chair, Calgary, AB
On behalf of the CCMDS/AML Planning Committee,
Dr. Rena Buckstein, Toronto, ON
Dr. Brett Houston, Winnipeg, MB
Dr. Aly Karsan, Vancouver, BC
Dr. Mary-Margaret Keating, Halifax, NS
Dr. Wendy Lam, Burnaby, BC
Dr. Brian Leber, Hamilton, ON
Dr. Heather Leitch, Vancouver, BC
Dr. Cindy Murray, Toronto, ON
Dr. Lynn Savoie, Calgary, AB
Dr. Andre Schuh, Toronto, ON
Dr. April Shamy, Montreal, QC
This meeting has been designed to meet the educational needs of hematologists, internists, researchers, general practitioners in oncology, practitioners in laboratory medicine, residents, fellows, nurses, pharmacists and other health care providers involved in the management of patients with MDS & AML.
From ICUS to AML; the Spectrum of Myeloid Marrow Failure Disorders
At the completion of the meeting, attendees should be able to (MDS):
- Review current understanding of the role of molecular mutations in MDS biology and prognosis
- Review the role of inflammation in MDS pathogenesis and progression
- Review MDS overlap syndromes
- Update treatment strategies in MDS including novel agents
- Gain insight into mechanisms of treatment resistance
- Review the role of intensive therapies and stem cell transplantation in MDS
- Review pre-MDS conditions including CHIP, CCUS, and ICUS
- Review mechanisms of atherosclerosis in the context of cardiac morbidity in MDS
- Review current understanding of the role of iron overload in MDS
- Discuss a Canadian perspective on MDS landscape & treatment
At the completion of the meeting, attendees should be able to (AML):
- Review the biology of AML
- Review novel treatments for AML
- Review the role of leukemic stem cells in AML pathogenesis and progression
- Review cellular therapy for AML
- Review the role of intensive therapies and stem cell transplantation in elderly/t/s-AML, including conditioning regimens and patient selection for these therapies.
- Discuss a Canadian perspective on AML landscape and treatment
Fairmont Palliser Hotel Calgary
133 9th Avenue South West, Calgary, AB T2P 2M3
CCMDS/AML is pleased to have negotiated a discounted room rate starting at $289/night + taxes for our delegates.
PLEASE BOOK YOUR ROOM BEFORE AUGUST 19, 2024!
PLEASE NOTE THE HOTEL WILL SELL OUT.
If you need assistance with booking your room, please call +1 403 262 1234 or visit www.fairmont.com/palliser-calgary/ for more information.